United States of America
Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 57,782,011 (18%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 142,009,720 (33%)
- Income of country:
- High income: OECD
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Old age supplemental income benefit
- Year introduced:
- 1935 (first national scheme introduced)
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 674 US$ (674 US$)
- 16.72 % of average income
- 1773 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- % of population over 60 covered:
Resources on the pension in United States of America
Year: 2012 | Published by: ISSA
An overview of social security programmes in the Americas.
This government webpage provides information on the benefit levels of the Supplemental Security Income.
This Government webpage provides information on the eligibility requirements of the Supplemental Security Income.
This webpage provides a link to the latest 'SSI Monthly Statistics' bulletin. Number of recipients of the social pension in the USA can be...
Year: 2011 | Published by: OECD
Country Profile from OECD's "Pensions at a glance 2011: Retirement-income systems of OECD countries".