Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 2,535,470 (24%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 4,948,279 (45%)
- Income of country:
- High income: OECD
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Pensao Social de Velhice (Old Age Social Pension)
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 195 Euros (258 US$)
- 14.48 % of average income
- 735 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
Resources on the pension in Portugal
Portuguese. This paper provides information on the Portuguese social pension. It includes information on eligibility, how to apply, transfer amount and the legislative base.
Year: 2011 | Published by: OECD
Country Profile from OECD's "Pensions at a glance 2011: Retirement-income systems of OECD countries".
Year: 2010 | Published by: Social Security Administration (SSA), International Social Security Association
The first issue in the current four-volume series of Social Security Programs Throughout the World reports on the countries of Europe. The combined findings...