Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 1,023,329 (21%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 2,295,758 (35%)
- Income of country:
- High income: OECD
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Grunnpensjon (Basic Pension)
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 6073 Norway kroner (1061 US$)
- 14.18 % of average income
- 1621 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- 67 (with flexible retirement from the age of
Resources on the pension in Norway
This Government webpage provides information on the social pension in Norway
Presentation given by L. Willmore at the Polytechnic University of Hong Kong
Year: 2011 | Published by: Association for Universal Pension
This programme booklet contains interesting pieces on pension schemes in various countries before focussing on the proposed universal pension in Hong Kong
Year: 2011 | Published by: OECD
Country Profile from OECD's "Pensions at a glance 2011: Retirement-income systems of OECD countries".
Year: 2010 | Published by: Social Security Administration (SSA), International Social Security Association
The first issue in the current four-volume series of Social Security Programs Throughout the World reports on the countries of Europe. The combined findings...