Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 161,570 (6%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 954,207 (27%)
- Poverty rate of total population:
- Income of country:
- Lower middle income
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Social welfare pension
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 34500 Tugriks (26 US$)
- 21.84 % of average income
- 170 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- 60 (men) 55 (women)
- % of population over 60 covered:
Resources on the pension in Mongolia
Year: 2010 | Published by: UNFPA
This Report is the outcome of the joint efforts of the UNFPA Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (APRO) in Bangkok and the UNFPA...
Year: 2007 | Published by: Mongolian ministry of social welfare and labour
An overview of cash based transfers in Mongolia.