Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 700,436 (22%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 1,083,329 (39%)
- Poverty rate of total population:
- Income of country:
- Upper middle income
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Old age social assistance pension
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 85 Litas (32 US$)
- 3.13 % of average income
- 129 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- 62.5 (men) 60 (women)
Resources on the pension in Lithuania
This Government paper provides information on Lithuania's social pension.
Year: 2010 | Published by: Social Security Administration (SSA), International Social Security Association
The first issue in the current four-volume series of Social Security Programs Throughout the World reports on the countries of Europe. The combined findings...
This consolidated legal document provides the legislative base for Lithuania's social pension.