Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 504,569 (23%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 782,557 (39%)
- Poverty rate of total population:
- Income of country:
- Upper middle income
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: State social security benefit
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 45 Lats (85 US$)
- 8.50 % of average income
- 292 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
Resources on the pension in Latvia
This Government webpage provides information on Latvia's social pension.
Year: 2010 | Published by: Social Security Administration (SSA), International Social Security Association
The first issue in the current four-volume series of Social Security Programs Throughout the World reports on the countries of Europe. The combined findings...
The 1997 Law on Social Assistance provides a legislative base for Latvia's social pension.