Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 20,784,233 (9%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 83,106,739 (28%)
- Poverty rate of total population:
- Income of country:
- Lower middle income
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Program Jaminan Sosial Lanjut Usia (JSLU) (Elderly Social Security Programme) (Pilot)
- Year introduced:
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 300000 Rupiah (33 US$)
- 10.15 % of average income
- 110 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- 70 (60 if chronically ill)
Resources on the pension in Indonesia
Cash and in-kind transfer for at risk youth, disabled and elderly: social assistance expenditure review
Year: 2012 | Published by: World Bank
This paper provides an overview of Indonesia's cash transfers. This includes the JSLU which targets older people.
This paper examines existing social protection in Indonesia whilst also making recommendations to improve programmes and coverage.
Year: 2012 | Published by: OECD
Country profile from OECD's "Pensions at a glance: Asia/Pacific 2011".
Year: 2011 | Published by: HelpAge International, DSWD, COSE
The conference "Social Pensions: Learning from Asian Experience" was held in Manila on March 17, 2011. The conference was held by the Department of...
Year: 2011 | Published by: OECD
Country Profile from OECD's "Pensions at a glance 2011: Retirement-income systems of OECD countries".