Basic country data
- Population over 60 in 2010:
- 35,641 (10%)
- Projected population over 60 in 2050:
- 146,293 (30%)
- Income of country:
- High income: non-OECD
- Social pension?
- Scheme information: Old Age Non-Contributory Pension (OANCP)
- Monthly pension benefit:
- 245 Bahamas $ (245 US$)
- 12.03 % of average income
- 830 % of international poverty line
- Age of eligiblity:
- % of population over 60 covered:
- Total cost:
- 0.08% of GDP
Resources on the pension in Bahamas
Year: 2012 | Published by: ISSA
An overview of social security programmes in the Americas.
Year: 2010 | Published by: Social Security Administration (SSA), International Social Security Association
The fourth issue in the current four-volume series of Social Security Programs Throughout the World reports on the countries of the Americas. The combined...
This Government website provides information on social assistance schemes in the Bahamas - including the Old Age Non Contributory Pension.
Part V of the consolidated national insurance act includes a description of non-contributory pension entitlement.